I love language. I get a kick out of “saying something without really saying something.” Case in point, how many ways do you use to describe someone who is not quite all there? I hope you have never heard someone use one of these lines to describe you. Here are some of my personal favorites…
- He’s so dumb that he runs around the block to get next door.
- A few bricks shy of a load.
- A few cards short of the deck.
- Not the brightest crayon in the box.
- A few french fries short of a happy meal.
- Fell out out of a stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.
- Not the brightest bulb in the box.
- Elevator does not go all the way to the top floor.
- Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Not rowing with both oars in the water.
- Porch light is on but nobody’s home.
- Half a bubble off center – my personal favorite
#6 was my father’s personal favorite. I remember him describing more than one of my high school boyfriends with that one. Lol Do you have any personal favorites that you regularly use?